HURRICANE POOL STORM PREP
- DO NOT lower pool water level.
- Do not put lawn furniture into pool. This can damage your pool surface.
- Super chlorinate pool. If you have salt system, use boost cycle 24 hours before storm.
- DO NOT put chlorine tablets directly into pool.
- Remove child fence and store inside.
- Remove any items from pool area and store inside.
- Remove spa cover and store inside. DO NOT drain spa.
- Turn off all power to pool equipment just before storm hits.
POST STORM POOL CLEAN UP
- Before turning equipment back on, inspect equipment for any damage. Make sure there are no broken or exposed electrical wires or broken plumbing. If there is any damage do not turn equipment on and call Horizon Pool and Patio at (561) 790-0665 to schedule repair.
- Clean filter and pump and skimmer baskets.
- Before turning on power to equipment make sure the equipment will not be damaged by any standing water.
- Remove as much debris from pool as possible. Make sure that there are no live electrical lines in the pool.
- Check and adjust chemistry as follows: Chlorine: 3.0 or higher, Ph: 7.2 to 7.6, Alkalinity: 80 to 120.
- System vac pool if you have power. Thoroughly brush pool and skim out debris.
- For the next several weeks, monitor pump basket and filter pressure. When you have a 10 psi increase from clean filter pressure it is recommended that you clean your filter.
Call or email us if you have any questions or concerns.